Monday 17 September 2012

Audio Repeat - A Little Is Not Enough


Audio Repeat - A Little Is Not Enough

1. Embrace

2. Break Through

3. Go For Gold

4. Something To Be Proud Of

5. If I Took You Away

6. Summer's Just Begun

Audio Repeat are a 5 piece pop punk machine from Barnsley,

Embrace

I love the intro to this track and personally think it’s a great way to kick off the EP, Immediately I get the impression that what I’m listening to is an EP full to the brim with good light hearted pop punk, I’ve noticed that the band don’t like to give everything away at once and slowly as the track goes on really start to show us what they can do, the vocals on their own are good but combined with the vocal harmonies and occasional and not so overwhelming gang vocal they are great, musically the band give us just enough and don’t overwhelm us with unnecessary guitar parts and breakdowns, they’ve kept the layers simple with the listeners focus switching between vocals and lead guitar which works really well for the band.

Break Through

From the beginning of track 2 it’s clear that the tracks all offer something different which I love as it prevents the EP from becoming boring and samey. True to the genre the lyrics come across as light hearted & relate well to the typical teenagers life, it’s one of those EP’s that you know if you were listening to this live, you couldn’t help but dance or at least move in some way. Unlike some pop punk on the market today it lacks the dreadful cheese element (thank god and well done guys) I’m also incredibly grateful to the guitarists as the guitar solos are a nice change from the often over powering metal solos I’ve become accustomed to hearing.

Go For Gold

I’ll be honest I can see myself dancing like an absolute fool with my mates to this at a gig, there’s no point denying it, their sound makes them seem like a fun loving band and I can imagine that they’d be quite energetic live and enjoyable to watch. They seem to know what suits them musically & their gang vocals are note perfect which is noticeable in this track.

I can’t even pick a favourite track, however if I had to it would be “Go for Gold”

Something to Be Proud Of

Listening to this all the way through, I reckon most teenagers into this type of music scene can relate to this track, god knows I can, I love the fact that the band are sticking with who they are and not trying to be anyone else to impress listeners. Cough*Girls*Cough. The whole EP has such an upbeat summer feel to it which I feel makes it incredibly easy (not to mention fun) to listen to.

If I Took You Away

As slower track on the album it is a nice change to hear the vocals and music in a different way, in particular the vocal harmonies really stand out in this track (In a good way of course) I love the way they’ve kept this track simple and let the vocals say everything that needs to be said.

Summers Just Begun

Picking the mood up again the final track on the EP really finishes it off, it’s light and in all a good example of mature pop punk, again it keeps things simple but it’s so effective and just seems to work for these guys. In my opinion it’s the perfect track to bring the EP to an end and make you feel like you’ve actually gained something from listening.

So over all Audio Repeat seem to have won over the emotional yet fun loving teenage vote (myself included) and I could happily go back and listen to the EP all over again, no matter how many times I’ve listened to it I still enjoy it as much as the first time. I hope to see this band play live in my area soon to see if my theories are correct and I look forward to hearing more from this young and talented band in the future.

For fans of – All Time Low, Twenty Twenty,

Riff Rating – RRRR

Want to check the guys out yourself? Find them at http://www.facebook.com/audiorepeat?ref=ts

Kellie.

No comments:

Post a Comment