Monday 17 September 2012

Kings Of Leon - Come Around Sundown


Kings Of Leon - Come Around Sundown

Kings Of Leon are back with what is probably one of the most anticipated albums of 2010. Come Around Sundown was promised by Caleb Followill to have an old school Kings Of Leon vibe to it.

I for one was expecting something rough around the edges like their old stuff and I think most of their fans were expecting the same. They released 'Radioactive' from the album last month and it jumped out from the TV at you with its catchy chorus and brilliant verses, many fans were not pleased with the choir featured in the track, some claiming it sounded too much like a U2 song.

I didn't know what to expect from the album but as soon as I turned it on I knew I would love it regardless of what came out from my speakers. One thing was for sure that there would be no tracks that would give them a massive popularity surge like 'Sex On Fire' did from their previous album 'Only By The Night'

Many of the songs on the album are slow paced, granted, but Caleb seems to have stuck to his word as I think many of the tracks seem to have that rugged feel that KOL used to deliver back before thousands jumped on their bandwagon. And for those of you that claimed the choir from 'Radioactive' was too 'U2' for their liking then they may like the fact that the album version hasn't got any of that and it sounds brilliant.

One more argument before I'm done, fans were worried about if Kings Of Leon would still have heart and passion for when they perform live, well I can clarify that they most certainly do, I saw them at Hyde Park back in June, they sang songs from 'Come Around Sundown' and even though the crowd didn't know the songs it didn't take them long to pick up the choruses.





So if any KOL fans are starting to lose faith then I highly recommend they buy the album give it a listen and I am sure they will love it as much as they love 'Youth and Young Manhood.'

TRACK LISTING (Come Around Sundown)
1. The End
2. Radioactive
3. Pyro
4. Mary
5. The Face
6. The Immortals
7. Back Down South
8. Beach Side
9. No Money
10. Pony Up
11. Birthday
12. Mi Amigo
13. Pickup Truck

Final Riff rating: R R R R R

Adam.

No comments:

Post a Comment