Monday 17 September 2012

Nathan Luck / Open Invitation - Split EP


Nathan Luke/Open Invitation Split EP - Then 'Til Now

Track Listing

Hello Loneliness

What does it matter to you?

It’s always been you

Is what she said to me

Open Invitation & Nathan Luke are both talented acoustic musicians, both honest in their writing and beautiful in their delivery of their music, their songs are meaningful, their voices soft yet incredibly impactful so what happens when these two incredible talents combine?

You get "Then 'Til Now" after having a lovely chat with Nathan Luke I discovered that the name of the split EP came about because of how far Nathan Luke and jonny AKA Open Invitation have come as musicians, they did their first gig together roughly 4 years ago and are now releasing their own split.

Upon my first listen to “Then ‘Til Now” I was hit by a wall of emotion in the form of Open Invitation’s “Hello Loneliness” Using his lyrics to tell us about the loss of a loved one I won’t lie had me incredibly close to tears.

The second track “What does it matter to you?” seems a little happier than the last track, which seems to me to be about being yourself and following your dreams, his signature soft vocal style gives the track a dream like quality which really compliments the track.

Nathan Luke contribution to the EP comes in the form of “It’s always been you” & “Is what she said to me”

As with his solo EP Nathan Luke words are full of honesty & emotion, combine this with his soft almost haunting vocal style and you have “It’s always been you” This seems to be a very personal sounding track which sound as though it’s about a special lady in his life I gathered this from “From the first time that I saw your face, you looked me in the eye’s like an angel, beautiful & graceful”

“Is what she said to me” is just as personal & emotional as his previous track and is somehow hypnotising, detailing the ups & downs of a relationship, & the pain that all too often comes with loving somebody, a beautiful contribution to the EP.

“Then ‘Til Now” is a very intimate beautifully crafted EP overflowing with raw emotion, beautiful lyrics and a good amount of acoustic guitar that perfectly complements all of the different elements to the EP. If you have never listened to either of these artists then I Highly recommend going to the links below and listening to their music, both of these musicians will make a big impact and are artists that you will not forget in a hurry.



Riff Rating: RRRR

Kellie.

No comments:

Post a Comment