Monday 17 September 2012

Coast2Coast Metal Thursday


Coast2Coast Metal Thursday

I was down at Doncasters Coast2Coast Thursday night (18.03.11) to check out the unsigned talent that Coasts “metal night” had to offer Headlining were Krysis with support from; From The Ashes, Burn The Martyr and It Ends Tonight.

The first band on was From The Ashes, it was clear the band were nervous as they opened their 4 song set with Bullet for my valentines hand of blood, the nerves seems to affect the bands playing only slightly with the vocalist hiding behind the microphone but this was to be expected as it was their first gig, however, the bands confidence seemed to improve greatly as the set went on and the crowd began to get behind the band, I would love to see this band play a longer set as by the time they’d gotten to their final song the crowd were more involved and the nerves seemed to have disappeared completely and I think with a longer set we can expect awesome things from one of the newest bands on the Doncaster music scene.

Up next were Sheffield band Burn The Martyr, having heard nothing but praise for this band I expected great things and they delivered. With a sound that instantly reminded me of Bullet for my valentine Burn The Martyr were musically on point throughout the entire set not slipping with their timing once. With strong vocals the band pulled of Bullet for my valentines your betrayal perfectly, I feel that there could have been a little more crowd involvement in the set but they are definitely a band I recommend that people go and see.

The third band of the evening was Riff’s very own It Ends Tonight, Starting their set with the addictive Lovesick front man Greg Braim seemed to have the crowd supporting the band from the moment they walked onto the stage, as the band launched into a cover of the 30 seconds to mars hit the kill the crowd couldn’t help but sing along Unfortunately this was all I got to see of the evening as public transport in Doncaster is limited but I predict big things from all of the bands involved throughout 2011.

My highlights of the night were seeing From The Ashes perform for the first time and watch them grow in confidence as the set went on, and the high energy of It Ends Tonight.

Disappointment of the night has to go to Stagecoach and its ridiculously early last bus, also the sound quality wasn’t the best and a lot of the crowd disappeared after the first band.

After tonight I will be checking out all the bands that were on the line up and newcomers From the Ashes will definitely be ones to watch.

Kellie

No comments:

Post a Comment