Monday 17 September 2012

Blink 182 - Up All Night


Blink-182 - Up All Night

            Californian pop punk legends released their first single in around 6 years. Blink 182, who earlier this year rearranged their 2011 summer tour for next summer released their latest song, up all night, on Friday. This is the first release off the upcoming album ‘Neighborhoods,’ due for release at the end of September.

The song, in my opinion, lyrically, is good, but the rest, I don’t like it at all. Structurally its not the best. Instrumentation isn’t the best, and its not blink’s usual fast paced song which everyone was expecting. I personally think its sounds like blink side project boxcar racer, and Tom’s side project Angels and Airwaves. I don’t personally like the song, I think at the moment it is terrible, but it is a potential grower.

If the single is anything to go by, the album will be terrible. But I read, this song was written by Tom, hence the strong AVA sound. The rest of the album is rumored to be written by Mark, which I hopefully think, judging by his side project +44, is going to be very Blink sounding.

The track is available on iTunes

Riff Final Rating – R R r (2.5)

Tiffy

No comments:

Post a Comment