Monday 17 September 2012

The Prospect - Fairytale


The Prospect - Fairytale

As I sit down to listen to The Prospects new single “Fairytale” the first thing that grabs me is the grunginess of the guitar riff as we await the arrival of the vocals, and as much as I love the grunge sound I feel the track could benefit from a little clarity to the guitars to give it the ability to really stand out and grab people’s attention however the addition of the slightly “whiney” & “lazy” vocal style, the track really begins to hold my attention.

I fell in love with the bands hook of “she’s a one trip pony on a fairytale, she’s going nowhere, she’s going nowhere” and their I don’t give a **** attitude, I did however find the track a little too repetitive for my liking and feel that with a little clarity and something thrown in to mix things up this band will really grab people’s attention. By the end of the track I do find myself left wanting more from a band that I can only describe as a the love child of The Towers Of London & UK Subs, watch this space...

The track is available to download from ITunes

Final Riff Rating: R R R

No comments:

Post a Comment