Monday 17 September 2012

You Cried Wolf - Little Do They Know


You Cried Wolf - Little Do They Know

Track Listing

1.    Lungs

2.    Home Is Where the Heart Is

3.    The Mechanic

4.    The Making of Us

For those of you who have never heard of the post hardcore 5 piece, allow me to introduce You Cried Wolf, with members from the York/Leeds/Middlesbrough areas.

After listening to the EP for the first time I realise I have an incredibly well produced, well written piece of post hardcore genius! And I’m sorry guys but I have to mention your accents...I’m sorry but they’re awesome, anyway back to business.

Something that I really love about this band is that yes there is screaming, however I can actually make out what the hell is being said unlike some bands of the same genre (No I’m not going to name drop) the whole album from start to finish just sounds pleasingly professional & I was unable as hard as I tried to find a mistake, it just flows well & each track provides something different, like a change in pace or mood but throughout the EP there are positive consistencies such as the well written lyrics, the note perfect vocals or the nice tone provided by the guitars.

Vocally I was impressed, I loved the use (and not overuse) of gang vocals and vocal harmonies/backing, all of the instruments just seemed to gel incredibly well and this made it all incredibly easy and enjoyable to listen to.

For all the lazy people who maybe couldn’t be bothered to read the actual review itself, I have written just for you, yes...YOU a nice little summary 

If you like melodic guitar, an impressive mix of impactful note perfect clean vocals & clear to the point screaming, fast, heavy hitting drums (of course there’s a lot of double bass action) and lyrics that are actually good then I prescribe you the high dosage of musical crack that is You Cried Wolf – Little Do They Know.

For Fans of – Asking Alexandria, Confide, Bury Tomorrow

Riff Rating – RRRRR

Check the guys out for yourselves at http://www.facebook.com/youcriedwolfuk?sk=info you can also grab your own copy of the EP from Itunes, Amazon & Spotify from September 24th

No comments:

Post a Comment