Monday 17 September 2012

Decode - Shaping Shadows


Decode - Shaping Shadows EP

I would like to start with an apology as this review is seriously overdue, right now that that’s done let’s get on with the review.


From the very beginning of the EP decode hold nothing back, instantly hitting the listener with a high energy riff that packs a serious punch & vocals that I have to describe as strong, hypnotic and attention grabbing , Shaping Shadows is an infectious track that will leave you with no choice but to listen to the rest of the EP.

I LOVE the build up for “Enemies” and the lyrics and vocals are very Fightstar which I instantly fell in love with, as the track goes on the band continue to give us more as we’re introduced to some vocal variety in the form of screaming, and after only 2 songs I have to admit my new love for this band.

Each track provides the listener with something different and each track is as good as the next as the EP moves along to the fresh sounding opening of “The days after you”

The final track on the album “If Only” is the chilled track on the EP and proves my theory that each track brings something different to the table, I can honestly say I couldn’t find anything that I disliked about the EP other than I wish it was a full album so I could hear more.

Decode and their EP Chasing Shadows are my ones to watch as they have it all, a fresh, immaculate sound, the band image, the performance skills, they have everything they need to make it big and I wish them all the best for the future, I can assure you they will be at the top of my playlist this summer.

Check them out for yourselves at http://www.facebook.com/decodeonline

Riff Rating: RRRRR Kellie

No comments:

Post a Comment